The Feinstein bill is going for the works with banning guns. It includes handguns too. Basically any semi-automatic guns that can hold more than 10 rounds.
I am appalled with the fact that they are really going for our 2nd amendment right.
This is Wrong in every respect. A whole country is going to be penalized for a few nut jobs.
I can't believe this will pass, but then again we don't know what they have planned for us in the future.
I want to see all those associated with the government officials who may protect them get rid of their guns first! But.... oh wait... it will be fine for a few to have the guns for protection but the masses will not be allowed their rights?
It is time for us to stand up for our Constitution, they have taken it away, but it is our Rights and our decree as this country's laws should uphold!
Here is the Bill from Feinstein's website linked above:
UPDATE 12/28/12 - I just read Feinstein's statement on the new bill, which is linked below.
This is VERY telling - it shows "premeditation, just like the Patriot act after 9/11" She has been working on taking our 2nd amendment right away for over one year now!
“I have been working with my staff for over a year on this legislation,” Feinstein added. “It will be carefully focused on the most dangerous guns that have killed so many people over the years while protecting the rights of gun owners by exempting hundreds of weapons that fall outside the bill’s scope. We must take these dangerous weapons of war off our streets.”
Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons
To receive updates on this legislation, click here.
- Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress, December 17, 2012
- Feinstein Statement on Connecticut School Shooting, December 14, 2012
Summary of 2013 legislation
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
BTW - I am shocked at the type of comments I have been reading on places like Huffington Post and other very liberal media sites.
People are calling gun owners "crooks" and "murderers" besides many other things. I am literally shocked that some believe those who own guns are criminals. How is it that being a law abiding citizen exercising their 2nd amendment rights makes them a criminal?
What has happened to this country?
NRA not just about Guns it is about our Freedoms!