Thursday, February 23, 2012

What I did today Feb 23 2012. I educated a Policeman and Military Personnel today about the NDAA bill


I believe it is up to all of us to try and take a stand and even educate people about the NDAA bill passed by the Federal Government and signed into law by Obama on New Years Eve 2011.

Today, February 23, 2012, I was in a Five Guys Restaurant in Knoxville Tn.  A K-9 police officer walked in, dressed in full gear.  After he ordered and was waiting for his food, I decided to approach him and ask him what he thought of the NDAA bill?

I approached him and said "May I please ask you a question?  In fact I have been wanting to interview Policemen about this subject, though I don't have a camera with me right now."  He looked me and said "Yes, you may ask me a question."  He was very guarded in saying "Yes" and I could tell he was not sure he wanted to hear what the question was.

So I asked "How do you like the fact that Congress and the Senate passed the NDAA bill that gives the military personnel the right to police our streets by arresting U.S. citizens and holding them without rights to a lawyer, trial for the rest of their lives?"  He gave me a blank stare and said "What?"  I repeated the NDAA bill.

He said he had never heard of it and did not know anything about it.  He took out a note pad from his pocket and he wrote down NDAA.  I told him "Look it up.  What I am telling you is the Federal Government gave the military the right to police our streets and take U.S. citizens and hold them without rights."  I continued and said "You do realize, we the citizens are going to end up needing you on our side and protecting us, don't you?"

As soon as I finished saying that to him, he looked up and said "There are military personnel walking in right now, why don't you go and ask them about it."  I turned around to see a group of Army personnel walking in.
I turned back to the policeman and said "Why don't you ask them about it and see what they say and see that I am telling you the truth.  I am trying to get the State government of Tennessee to pass a bill that will nullify unconstitutional federal laws."

I thanked him for his time and went back to sit down where I was eating.

I waited until the military personnel finished ordering and were standing around waiting for their food.  I then approached them.

A group of three of them were by the drinks, so I walked over and said "May I ask you guys about the NDAA bill and what you are going to do, if you are told you have to enact it?"

The three personnel gave me a blank stare, just as the policeman did.  They said "What are you talking about?"

I then said "The NDAA bill that says, you guys can police our streets and arrest U.S. citizens out of their homes and on the streets for being "belligerent" against the government and hold them for the rest of their lives without rights to a trial, lawyer or anything."

One guy said immediately "We will Never do that, we are sworn to protect U.S. citizens not harm them!"
Another guy said "I have never heard of this and our Brass has never mentioned this to any of us."
I then educated them about it.  They asked when it passed and I told them in December.

They said they will look up the information, but they will also uphold their vows to protect the citizens of the United States.

One said "No one has ever been arrested for 'Freedom of Speech' in this country."  I looked at him and said "Are you kidding me?  Have you not seen people arrested in the Occupy movement in New York and Oakland?"  He said "They were on private property."  I replied "Oh no they were not.  Please look up the information."

I added "Since people can get arrested by you for being "belligerent" against the government, I might as well give you my address right now."  He laughed and said he would look up the NDAA bill information.

So..... What I did today was educate both a policeman and 7 military personnel about NDAA, where none of them had a clue or had heard about it before.

My point in all of this?

I believe all of us should approach our police and our military when we see them in public and ask them "What are you going to do if NDAA starts to take affect?"

Educate the police and the military about what the Federal CONgress and Sen ASS tors and Obama did by passing and signing the NDAA.

My educating these few will hopefully translate to many more being educated through them.  They were going to look up the information.  This way the word spreads within about it!

I will continue to keep doing what I did today.  I will approach the Police and the Military when I see them and ask them "What will YOU do?"

6 comments:

  1. Strange they would know nothing about this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! YOU GO, GIRL! I got your back and you have my blessings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, real good idea. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea. i'm trying to talk to people more about it also, but like your account, a lot people are oblivious. i shared this on Facebook btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud your efforts, young lady....

    Keep up the fine work!!!

    NTS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awsome Sherrie!
    We need more Americans to take your example and confront everyone.
    It's amazing how many people don't care about this - but they know who Britney Spears is dating!

    The next step is for ALL of us to use our 2nd Amendment rights and march on Washington with loaded guns.

    It is not only our right but our DUTY as Americans to overthrow a corrupt government.

    And yes I know this comment can possibly get me in trouble, but it will only be proof positive - right?

    ReplyDelete