Monday, October 3, 2011

Country Living! Video- 12 Year old joins a jam session in Coble, Tn. of guitars, banjo and harmonica with a Bass Clarinet

I don't put personal things up.  But this is just too good not to.

My 12 year old daughter and I had spent the weekend in Nashville, Tennessee.  We drove to Centerville, Tennessee where I use to own a farm, I bought after moving up from the Virgin Islands in my twenties.  We first ate at Breeces cafe (which is where I ate all the time when I lived in Centerville).  The best country cooking anywhere in the world!  Even though it had been 20 years since I lived in Centerville and only lived there 3 years, they remembered me!   OOOPPSSSS  :D

We saw the farm house and then began making our way to the Amish area of Tennessee.  We stopped by a country store out in the middle of nowhere in Coble, Tennessee to get some water.

When we walked in there was a country jam session happening in the back.  One of the guys asked if I played music and I said "No, not at all, but my daughter does."

She had her Bass Clarinet with her, practicing during our trip, because she has a school band concert this week.  After a little convincing her it was okay to join in the jam session, she got her Bass Clarinet and played a couple of songs with the folks.

Here is my daughter's first jam session ever!  It will be something to remember and I advise everyone... take some time, drive deep into the country and enjoy the nature and the people!  Country folks are welcoming and friendly.  They asked us to come back and for my daughter to come and play with them again.  My daughter loved it there and she wants to go back often!


No comments:

Post a Comment