Monday, May 6, 2013

Why I haven't been posting anything



I wanted to let everyone know, why I have not been posting anything.

I have been working on my house and renovating my master bathroom to be able to sell my home.

I have lived in this house for 12 years and now feel the need to free myself of it and everything I own.

Since the first home I ever purchased in 1990, I have accumulated a lot of "stuff".  I have come to the full realization, the "stuff" does not make me happy and only weighs me down. I do want to say,  I am grateful for being able to have beautiful items in my life and having a beautiful home but I am ready to change my life and way of living.

I made the decision last month to sell everything I own including my home.  I plan on getting rid of everything, including all my collector items/art work and very nice furniture.

I have been working on clearing out the junk and have gone to the dump many times with things and have now been trying to separate the "garage sale" items from the "collector items".  


I do have a beautiful home that I so thankful for in being able to live here and it does have the most amazing natural view of hillsides and the Smoky Mountains and yet I am right in the center of everything in Knoxville.  It is serene and homey and I have put my heart and soul into this home and it will be hard to leave, but it is time.

It is a very hard process and I am having to try and get it done by myself, which is makes it doubly hard.

I am still at the beginning stages of it all and am still trying to go through everything and trying to figure out how to sell the nicer items.

What do I want to do, once I sell my home?

I would like a motor yacht instead of a houseboat (what I first thought of and researched) due to being able to go out on the ocean with and go other places/countries if I want to.

I have been researching motor yachts for weeks now.  I can't buy an expensive one but I have found some older ones that are in my budget.  I have a budget (once my house sells) of $135,000 and would like a 60+ foot diesel engine motor yacht.   There are many from the 1970's that are in that price range.   I plan on taking a course of marine diesel mechanics, so I can work on the engine/engines myself when need be.

I lived on a sailboat in my teenage years down in the Caribbean and spent 2 years writing a book about the experience (not published).  At that time we had never stepped foot on a sailboat, but my parents sold everything we owned to move on one, yet our father abandoned us two weeks after the move.   It was the hardest experience in many ways of my life, yet it helped shape me to who I am today.  My mother and sisters and I found the strength and determination to learn, survive and eventually conquer our situation.  I hope one day to publish my book about that experience and maybe if I get the freedom from all my "stuff" and home, I will be able to re-edit it for the 100th time.

I strongly feel the need for Freedom. In fact, last year I posted about Feeling the Need for Freedom on the blog.  Now I am taking the steps to be Free of the stuff.

One thing I had to do was throw out all my "fear" items.  What do I mean by that?  I used to follow (years ago) a certain person that instills fear all the time with his supposed web language searching technology.   I had believed in it years ago, so I followed the "advice" and acquired a huge amount of food "stuff".  I had that stuff in a storage room, well I took about 4 loads to the dump of all the "fear" stuff.  I have found a wonderful release by doing that.  I released fear and I released a weight of stuff that kept me bound from Freedom.

So, all the above is taking up my time and will continue to do so, until I can clear my way through all the stuff and get things in order.


I am ready for Freedom!  I am ready for a change of lifestyle.  I am ready to release the things that bound me and keep me anchored down!

LET FREEDOM RING!  










23 comments:

  1. I think you can sum it all up by saying, don't let the things you own, own you. Congrats on your decision. When the process is complete you will feel reborn. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sixty foot motor yacht? Sounds big and expensive. I just got back from cruising the Bahamas on a 36' sloop. Small but quite easy to handle and cheaper in the marinas.
    I saw plenty of smaller trawlers and motor-sailors which were very comfy and easy to handle.
    A motor-sailor is a nice choice for obvious reasons. Have you considered a Nauticat? They can be had for a reasonable amount and are very comfortable but not too big.
    The people I've met on my cruise were the best. At beach pot-lucks I heard many stories. One guy just told me he didn't retire, he just stopped working. Just didn't go to work. Never went back. Another told me that all the cruisers had made the decision that they had made enough, and had quit the work-a-day world, given up the material things and opted for a free lifestyle. Most people aren't able to do that. They will work and slave away until the end comes.
    Good luck, I'm not far behind you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at sailboats for a very long time. That is what I really wanted, but the mast do not fit under the bridges here and I can't get it here due to that.

      Delete
    2. Sherrie,arizona here, watchman for the lord,I had a vision from the lord a while back,and in the vision we had a war in america and after hiding out for a long time ,there was a pole shift and covered america with mud ,the lord came to where he had us hiding out at and told us it was time to leave,he told us to tie each other together with rope for the trip to the coast,IT was about 35 miles to the ocean(I live in colorado) we hiked through mud,that was so deep we needed the rope tied to each other to save our life on several ocassions,we made it to the coast OK, when we got to the coast there were millions of dead things in the water,as we stood on the beach we looked out and a BEAT UP SAIL boat, two masted thing was floating in the bay,the lord told us we would be living on it for three years ,and we could get food from the ocean,HE NEVER MENTIONED the chinese patrol boats,we had several run ins with them and they tried to sink us a few times,we always seemed to get away every time,SO REMEMBER I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS, I HAVE LIVED THROUGH IT ONCE ALREADY,next time I think it will be real,good luck on your adventure....but keep this vision in mind............especialy the chinese patrol boats....this might be the real deal if this happens.......................

      Delete
  3. You need to consider your child- my sister did a similar move- she is bipolar -from your blog - you may want to look at bipolar disorder _ think of how this huge change can& will affect the child you mention. Obviously, your father could not do life on a boat in close quarters- why do you think you should put this up upon your child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks, I am not bi-polar though. I appreciate your concern but she has the same attitude I do about it. As for my father, well I have all the info about that in my book and believe me, he was not the type of person anyone would want to be in close quarters with for long. I know, many would never do what I am doing as it is something beyond their consideration. But I am really looking forward to releasing all these material goods. I hope your sister has help with her bi-polar problem, good thing that is not something I even come close to having. Also why does someone have to have some "disease" to release material goods? Because of the way we are brainwashed into what we are suppose to want and how we are suppose to live... as debt slaves? LOL I am still laughing, no one has ever accused me of being bi-polar before.... seriously I needed that laugh! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm glad to see you go. What I mean is, I'm not glad you are going, but I'm glad you are moving on. I've been reading you for a while, and I've seen how unhealthy it has been for you. I'm glad you are moving on from this thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be here and doing the blog. It is not unhealthy for me at all. In fact it is a way to use my voice and I will continue to do so. I am just not able to take the time needed right now. Believe me, I am not giving up my voice nor the blog.

      Delete
  5. Sherrie - Your love and light shine very bright with this post. I've been thinking of this post all day, and each time I reflect on it I feel an inner warmth and happiness, knowing one of us has broken the shackles of the mind and has found freedom.

    I am so happy for you and your daughter. What a dream come true to be able to show her a life so unique and distinct and off the beaten path. In making this transition you are setting such a powerful example in her life that I know you will look back on years from now and remember as some of the closest and fondest memories possible. Time for yourselves, time together. Intimate moments and serenity. It will build your reliance on each other. And it sends such a powerful message about the importance of dreams and taking steps to follow them, of imagination and passion. You are teaching her in ways that may take years to fully realize, about the importance of self, about the ability of oneself and self-reliance. You are applying your creative energies and showing her the power of being true to yourself, and unique. I imagine her active role will teach her much about her own power and capability to accomplish whatever she sets her mind to.

    There's a real change in your energy, and am so proud of you for making such a big change. You are doing it from the right place, making a decision out of positive energy. It's very apparent you are moving out of fear and into true happiness. You are defining your own life, following your inner teaching (your in-tuition), and are leaving the fear-based reality behind.

    Understand the positive impact this one little post has on me (and many of your readers). You are aspiring to greatness, following your dreams, living the life you want to live. Leading by example. A lighthouse for others who may feel stuck in their situation. Paving a path into a better life. You are such an inspiration to us all. Truly beautiful, and much appreciated. I wish you the best with your journey and your new life, and look forward to hearing of your adventures.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW THANK YOU! I have told her "things" do not make you happy and acquiring things should not be an aspiration in her life. She is sincerely excited about it all. I have already discussed many aspects of it with her and the pros and cons. My intentions with my book has always been to encourage people to follow their dreams and to take the jump to do so, besides women to encourage the strength and determination that is within them to shine and conquer difficult circumstances at times. I do feel the need to do this very strongly and am working on all the steps to accomplish it. I will let everyone know the results needless to say after it all comes to fruition, when it does.

      Delete
  6. Here's a <a href="http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/:> blogger</a> and published writer who actually lives on a boat in Boston, I believe. He might be able to give you tips. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wondered why you are doing a man's work. Fathers have an impact more than people realize on their daughters too, not just their sons. It is a shame what happened.

    It seems you are looking for a father figure you never had. This is leading you to trust people more than you should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I LOVE renovating my house myself. I have put the wood floors in, tiled, torn down walls, plumbing, electric, etc. I LOVE doing it and I don't consider it just a man's work. I love the accomplishment of it. It is awesome to see a great job and get to live with it. I would suggest everyone try and do things as that. To see it day after day and know you did it yourself is really cool!

      Delete
    2. Let me tell, you might even love it more if you had a loving husband do it ALL FOR YOU! :)

      Delete
    3. LOL I wouldn't want to have everything done for me. But doing projects with someone else would be fun and nice and much easier. But if there isn't a "someone else" then still getting the project done is fun and an accomplishment. :)

      Delete
    4. Wow. I know of women who built their homes in secret and at night so they wouldn't get that judgmental thing thrown at them. Good solid homes. Back in 40's & 50's. Glad to know U R OK Sherrie.

      Delete
  8. New material to blog about, that's good.

    But, a power boat? You know, there are such things as deck stepped sailboat masts set on tabernacles (or even boatyards that will pull/install masts).
    Not really convenient if making frequent excursions, but doable if you're planning on spending time renovating locally then taking off for new horizons.

    The issue of course with power boats is that all your eggs are in one basket propulsion wise ... and a dependence on fuel availability/affordability. That might work out if motoring from Seattle to Vancouver, not so much if motoring from Seattle to Fiji.

    Regardless, this sounds like a personal growth experience, not doubt soon to be filed with both exasperation and satisfaction.
    Please let us in on the life and travails of a boatowner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fair winds and following seas, Sherrie! My wife and I pulled up stakes, embarked on a land yacht and discovered 300 square feet can be absolutely palatial. After years of aiming for goals and making budget, we have really discovered the true meaning of the old saying, "It's not the destination, it's the journey."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherrie, I have been missing your analyses -- hope U do return to your blog before long -- eager to get your take on situation in Syria -- as always, wishing U the best of luck in all your endeavors -- Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive with your comments. It will be a new adventure and journey for me. I wish I could do it with having to have a motor and I have tried to figure out how to have a sailboat here and bring up and down the mast for the bridges, but after about a year of research on and off, I have found it is not possible. I am trying to see the trees from the forest still.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Sherrie!
    What are you going to do when they make you get vaccines to travel to other countries?
    That's what stops me...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherrie...best wishes on your new direction. I have done the same with Religion/Churches and have written about it to my family at: knowforyourself.squarespace.com
    Again best wishes and smooth sailing in your motor yacht.

    ReplyDelete