Here is a really good article about what people think about Obama using children as a "shield."
From health care to gun control, the left has perfected this fallacious art of prop-a-palooza — the well-being of the children and national discourse be damned. Political vultures in Washington refuse to do the one thing that might actually benefit the children they recklessly use and abuse as fodder: Grow up.
I guess there will be lots of sheeple that will be ruled by their emotions as their Freedom is taken away. People will fall for it. The live feed is embedded here to watch as Obama commits Treason at 11:55 Am est:
UPDATE - 12:30 pm - My thoughts on his Press Conference He said that those that sell guns to criminals and under the table need to be convicted. When will he arrest his own Attorney General - Eric Holder? Eric Holder sold all those guns in "Fast and Furious" to illegal immigrants and Mexican criminals. That has been Proven!
He signed Executive orders (2 dozen). He said people call their Congress and demand gun control and put pressure on them. He said over 70% of NRA members want some gun control (as per a poll) and he said don't let the NRA run the conversation on fear. He said if Congress does not act... Then HE WILL... With the POWER of his office!
He wants a ban on Assault weapons
No clips with more than 10 rounds
Universal Background checks
He said he will be giving Congress his full recommendations and he expects Congress to act on them quickly, without delay.
He of course spewed a lot more rhetoric about the children and doing it for their future. (My thought... if it was for the children's future of this country, then he would make sure they lived and had the Freedoms that the Fore Founders gave to us in the Constitution. He would not have signed NDAA and taken all the other Freedoms away. )
He of course said how much the 2nd amendment means to him and for the people to have the "Right to Bear Arms."
Here are what his Executive Orders Comprise of:
The entire list of the actions Mr. Obama is taking comprises:
1. Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rule-making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).