Thursday, December 16, 2010

Awesome Post at Zerohedge! This Guy is asking People to Wake Up and Stand Up also! He says Ditch the Prozac!

Please read this - He is asking people to get involved and Wake Up and Stand Up!



Before I get into it, I want people to understand that the use of Prozac in the title should not be taken literally.  There are many people out there that really do have serious mental issues and medication is useful in helping their condition.  As I hope is clear, “Prozac” is a metaphor for all of the brainless endeavors that have become such an integral part of many Americans’ lives.  Such activities destroy the soul of humankind and play directly into the hands of the ruling elite that wish for you to be dumb, ignorant animals easily manipulated, corralled and sheared.  There is a reason that plantation owners used to forbid slaves to learn how to read and write.  They understood that an ignorant person is much less likely to resist their enslavement.  The same is true in America today, where an unthinking and DEPENDENT person is unlikely to resist.

When we watch videos like the most recent one showing hundreds of people trampling and drooling over each other like mindless drones to get $25 off an IPAD at Wal-Mart the reaction of thinking people the world over is sheer terror.  It makes you want to move to another planet where you never have to interact with such frightening stupidity that can easily be manipulated into something far worse once their “goodies” are inevitably taken away from them.  While I share this concern I want to make it very clear that there is hope for us once we get through the complete and total systemic collapse that I believe will occur within the next 1-2 years.  The main reason for the hope is the internet and all related technologies.  The other, ironically enough, is the financial crisis itself. 
First the financial crisis.  Strangely enough, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to the United States.  It may have come just in time and just at the right moment.  While a very large percentage of the population remains a gigantic unthinking blob, this is appears always to be the case throughout history.  On the other hand, we that are conscious and are trying to changes things represent a small fraction; however, it is always the dedicated few on the margin that create profound and lasting change.  Sometimes this change is liberating.  Think the founding fathers.  Sometimes this change is nightmarish.  Think the rise of Nazi Germany.  Sometimes it is just a campaign slogan and results in business as usual. Think Barack Obama. 

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind of one thing.  That we are in what Neil Howe and William Strauss dub “The Fourth Turning,” which represent periods where the prior status quo is completely ended and something new emerges from the ashes.  This means that despite the best efforts of the Washington D.C./Wall Street TBTF oligarchy the monetary system is on its last legs and something new will replace it.  Unfortunately for us, the leadership in these areas are so filled with greed and arrogance they cannot see what is right in front of their eyes.  Or those that do see it care so little about the future of the country relative to their personal social status that they dare not speak up.  The universe will have its way with these folks.

In light of this, I have two primary concerns at the moment.  First, I see what the Chinese and Russians are doing.  They are buying physical gold by the boatload so that the real money is over there when the collapse happens and then they can try to institute a credible currency in the aftermath and take on the role of global economic leaders.  In the case of the Chinese they are also encouraging citizens to buy gold and silver.  When the collapse happens and gold and silver are seen as money again the Chinese government wants to come out smelling like roses.  Meanwhile, here in America our disingenuous financial leaders like Warren Buffet ridicule gold.  Everyone needs to remember what this man and his senile sidekick Charlie Munger said about gold once the collapse occurs.  As such, one of my missions to funnel as much gold and silver as possible into the hands of the United States citizenry right now while we can.  That way China will not be able to dictate monetary rules to us down the road. 

My second concern relates to the first.  I know there will be tremendous change in the years to come.  It will be the type of total geopolitical change witnessed only once in a generation.  I want this change to be the good sort of change.  While there is no doubt there will be a period of chaos and very challenging times, we can react to that in a variety of ways.  We can look for a leader like George Washington or we can look for a leader like Adolf Hitler.  Hard times bring out the best and the worst in people.  Of course, I want the former and I have become increasingly encouraged that this is a possibility. 

What the financial crisis did for myself and many others like me was to shake me out of the slob-like daze I was in prior to it.  Prior to the crisis, I was your typical brainwashed sell-side Wall Streeter.  I had always read books voraciously in my free time before I joined Wall Street.  All of that stopped.  I used to play guitar.  That stopped as well.  What the financial crisis forced me to do was to look beneath the façade of the financial system to how it really works.  When I did this I realized it was a gigantic ponzi scheme centered around a paper U.S. dollar defended by our hundreds of military bases abroad and periodic wars in the Middle East to ensure oil is priced in dollars.  I saw that this system was not only immoral to the rest of the world, but it was immoral domestically since it funnels all the country’s wealth to its least productive members.  Washington D.C. bureaucrats, the military-industrial complex and TBTF Wall Street firms.  This made me question everything about my life and forced me to make serious changes.  I started reading profusely again.  I started meditating every morning.  I quit my job.  Most recently, I moved from Manhattan to Colorado.  People all over the country are doing similar things and are forming the nucleus of what will hopefully later be seen as the New Renaissance.              

When I wrote earlier that the crisis happened at the right time I meant at a time when the internet was mature enough o help us find our way out of this.  The absence of a filter on the web is perhaps the most liberating and connecting event that has ever happened to humanity.  Think about what you would have to do if you wanted to research a topic fifteen years ago.  Think about how quickly I can share a lecture by Murray Rothbard (RIP) via youtube with thousands of people that have never heard of him. 

I take great exception when people say the smart thing to do is to flee the country.  If everyone with a brain and some fight left in them did this we would surely end up with a dictator.  We have the tools to fight and to win.  The nation is heavily armed, fiercely independent, has a constitution and a history of freedom.  We also have the internet.  It is the parasites in D.C. and the financial terrorists that should think about moving out.

All the best,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment