Saturday, May 23, 2009

An Article about our Health Care and What I had to Do for Health Care

An article was written last year in the local paper about my having to go to Thailand for surgery, due to it being unaffordable here in the states. I am one of those millions who are uninsured. The article did not say as I told the reporter, that I received the BEST MEDICAL CARE of my life in Thailand! I had complications, so once I factor in all the complications and seeing my doctor every day for a month while I was there. The cost here, would probably had been 50 to 60 thousand dollars. My whole trip there - including hotel, food, all medical care, gifts, every single thing. All surgery, medicine, 3 days in the hospital, multiple surgeons (worked on me) everything was a whopping 11 thousand dollars!! That is all!! The hospital here, had quoted me just for 2 nights in the hospital and 1 hour of surgery room 16 thousand dollars! I also had a complete physical and MRI all of those things are already in my trip cost.

link to article: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/18/knox-womans-thailand-trip-leaves-her-stitches---de/

A doctor here, is the one who called the reporter once I got back, I did not want this article done, originally. But if it helps others in anyway - then good. I have gotten lots of calls for the name of the dentist in the article. If a dentist is what you need, you will see at the bottom of the article under comments, I put in his email address.

I will say too, if anyone needs an excellent hospital - considered best in the world - I highly recommend Bumrungrad Hospital.

OH yeah, the Thai Govt. has put me on their website - I found that when I google searched my name! I think it is pretty cool to be on the Thai govt site!

link: http://test.mfa.go.th/web/2645.php?id=20567

No comments:

Post a Comment